We are a Presbyterian church based in New Florence, Pennsylvania. We would love for you to read more about our history and join us for the traditional church service Sunday morning at 10:30am!
Trinity Presbyterian started as several congregations, one of which has been worshipping since the 1770’s. Since then this family of faith has worshipped together for over 12,000 Sundays. That’s a lot of prayers, a lot of sermons, a lot of serving the Lord. That’s must be why Trinity is so good at serving the Lord – LOTS of practice! What a blessing it is to be a part of this church family and its long tradition of loving service. But it is that worshipping together that makes us, the church, different from other organizations.
We are called together to center our lives on honoring Almighty God. That’s what has makes our time together so good. The oldest of the merged churches, the Fairfield United Presbyterian Church, combined with The Presbyterian Church of New Florence in 1988. Prior to this, in 1959, The United Presbyterian and Presbyterian Churches in New Florence became one congregation. We changed our name to Trinity to commemorate the heritage of these several churches combining. The New Florence Presbyterian church sanctuary was moved by tractor-trailer across town to its current spot on 117 Chestnut Street in 1959. This allowed the former UP Church building to be made into a two-story education wing- consisting of several Sunday School rooms, choir room, meeting room and office space. We also have a spacious fellowship room that is used for a variety of activities. It has been used for church activities and as a meeting place for many community organizations, including Girl Scouts and Community Women’s Group. The large kitchen permits the congregation to host activities and dinners.
Over the years people of all ages, nationalities and races, regardless of their faith background, have been welcomed into our congregation. Because work was plentiful in the coal mines, steel mills, railroads and other industry during the late 1800’s and early 1900’s, both the local and church populations in this area increased dramatically. We are proud to be continuing the tradition of a Live Nativity every Christmas season. This was started by the Fairfield Congregation in the 1950’s. TPC also conducts Bible School every July in connection with the United Methodist Church in New Florence. We are still being called by God to grow and change. Please join us in the exciting journey ahead to serve Christ and the world. May the Lord bless and keep you forever.
To be a beacon of light giving spiritual and physical support to our congregation, our community, and beyond through the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.